Privacy Notice – How we use your personal information:
This privacy notice is issued by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), on behalf of the Secretary of State for the Department of Education (DfE). It is to inform learners how their personal information will be used by the DfE, the ESFA (an executive agency of the DfE) and any successor bodies to these organisations.
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, the DfE is the data controller for personal data processed by the ESFA. Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise its functions and to meet its statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a personal learning record (PLR). Your information will be securely destroyed after it is no longer required for these purposes.
Your information may be used for education, training, employment and well-being related purposes, including for research. The DfE and the English European Social Fund (ESF) Managing Authority (or agents acting on their behalf) may contact you in order for them to carry out research and evaluation to inform the effectiveness of training.
Your information may also be shared with other third parties for the above purposes, but only where the law allows it and the sharing is in compliance with data protection legislation.
Further information about use of and access to your personal data, details of organisations with whom we regularly share data, information about how long we retain your data, and how to change your consent to being contacted, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-privacynotice or if you are a resident of the Combined West Midlands Authority please visit: https://www.wmca.org.uk/media/3148/aeb-privacy-notice-2019-20.pdf
As a learner at the college we reserve the right to contact you about your studies. If you are under 19 we will contact your parent or guardian relating to academic performance, attendance, punctuality or behaviour.
Consent for Image Recording, Storage and Use:
The College may record still or moving images of students for the following uses: learning materials, photographs or video footage (handouts, work books, etc) and elearning materials e.g. leaflets, brochures, videos, website, poster, etc used to promote the college. The Data protection Act 2018 says that we need your permission to store and use still moving images in which you are included. By signing below you are agreeing to us using these in the ways indicated. You can at any time withdraw permission for any individual item, even though you sign this blanket agreement.
If you have any questions about this agreement or any part of the enrolment process, please ask a member of staff.
- I declare that the information that I have given is, to the best of my knowledge, complete and correct.
- I confirm that I am not enrolled or actively studying at any other Institutions.
- South Staffordshire College may decide to offer a course as full cost—you should be aware that alternative funding routes may be available at other Providers
- I understand that on occasion random drug and weapon searches will take place on campuses belonging to South Staffordshire College
- If you are below the age of 16, you might wish to discuss this agreement notice with your parent or legal guardian.
- I confirm that if unemployed and I have received remission on a state benefit other than JSA or ESA (WRAG) and that once I have obtained the skills or training required by completing my course I will be actively seeking to enter employment.
- The Education & Skills Funding Agency is a public body that funds qualifications and training that you may be receiving. It is responsible for maintaining ULNs and Personal Learning Records on behalf of all individuals aged 13 and above in England, Wales and NI.
- European Social Fund (ESF) – If you are aged 19 or over and meet the eligibility criteria, your study programme will be funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency. As an ESF co-financing organisation, the Education and Skills Funding Agency must match ESF funds they receive with money from the UK government (that is, mainstream programme funds). Therefore, the Education and Skills Funding Agency must use some of the funding they get from the government to pay for an amount of training and support that is equivalent to their ESF allocation. This will not affect your programme or any fee levels, but we are asked to make you aware of the possibility. More information is available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/sfa-european-social-fund
- Your Unique Learner Number (ULN) is a ten digit reference number and is unique and individual to yourself for use within education. Please keep this number in a safe place you will need it to access your Personal Learning Record. Your own Personal Learning Record (PLR), which will be conveniently located online for you to access at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/learning-records-service-the-plr-for-learners-and-parents
- The information you supply is used by the Learning Records Service (LRS). The LRS issues Unique Learner Numbers (ULN) and creates Personal Learning records across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and is operated by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, an executive agency of the Department for Education (DfE).For more information about how your information is processed, and to access your Personal Learning Record, please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices.
Notice about how we use your personal information
We are the data controller of personal information about you. We are South Staffordshire College. Our registered address is: Rodbaston Campus, Rodbaston, Penkridge, ST19 5PH.
Our Data Protection Officer is Natalie Morrissey at Staffordshire County Council. If you have any questions about this notice or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
You have certain rights, including how to get a copy of your data, how to get it corrected or deleted and how to complain. These rights are set out in more detail below:
- The information we collect
- The uses made of your personal information
- The legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How we transfer your personal information outside Europe
- Will we monitor your use of the College’s IT
- Your rights over your personal information
Further detail is available here
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- The right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information.
- The right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information
- The right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- The right where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format.