Is this course for you?
You could be the next MasterChef, Gordon Ramsey or James Martin in only 10 weeks!!!
Delivered over three full days per week, for 10 weeks, our Short ‘n’ Sharp Catering and Food Hygiene course will prepare you for working within the Pub, fast food or restaurant sector.
Do you love trying new recipes in the kitchen? Are you the one most likely to bake a surprise cake for a friend’s birthday? If you’ve got stars in your eyes, is it a Michelin restaurant star you’re aiming for?
People will always love to eat so if you love to cook, becoming a chef could be a tasty recipe for a career.
The Short ‘n’ Sharp Catering and Food Hygiene course will suit you if you’re just starting out or starting your first hospitality job. You want a good basic understanding of hospitality work, enough to succeed in a job or move on to further study.
You will study the following units:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment (level 2 certificate)
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare vegetables
- Cook vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and poultry
- Prepare and cook eggs
- Cook and finish simple bread and dough products