This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone who works in advanced manufacturing and engineering and works as an Engineering Technician, Machinist, Mechatronics Engineer or Toolmaker.
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long-term career development.
There are 5 specialist pathways within this apprenticeship:
- Technical Support Technician
- Machinist – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- Product Design and Development Technician
- Toolmaker and Tool and Die Maintenance Technician
All applicants will need to have at least 4 GCSE’s Grade 4/5 (C) or above with at least one in either maths or English.