Check out all of our Halloween Activities 👻🎃
🎃 Pick Your Own Pumpkin and Carving!
Pick your own pumpkin from our pumpkin stall and then carve a spooktacular pumpkin. You can then enter your finished design into our Pumpkin Carving Competition (a photo of the pumpkin will be taken for the competition so that you can take your pumpkin home with you!). The winner will receive a family ticket to return back to the Animal Zone (validated for 12 months from your visit). Book your place for pumpkin picking and carving here.
- Running daily from 11am-3pm.
- Located at our pumpkin stall room AC2 next to our craft room.
- Please be aware that there is an additional charge of £5.00 for the pumpkin, which will include entry into the competition. This is to be paid in advance via the booking link above when you choose your time slot. This is an additional charge on top of general admission which you will pay this on your arrival.
- Photo entry which will be judged on Monday 31st October 2022 and winner announced on our social media.
- The pumpkin carving and competition is for children only (ages 17 years and under).
- Terms and conditions
🎨 Colouring competition
Enter our colouring competition any day from Sat 22nd – Sun 30th Oct. You can collect a colouring sheet at the Animal Zone or download one below and drop into the Animal Zone to enter the competition. The entries will be judged on 31st October and the winner will be announced on our social media.
Colour in Trick or Treat Sweets
Colour in a Witch’s Cat
Terms and Conditions
🕷️ Halloween trail
Take part in our Halloween trail and keep an eye out for all the bugs and spiders in enclosures. You can collect a trail sheet from the Visitor Centre and if you complete the sheet, you might receive a special prize!
🍎 Halloween themed craft activities
- Potion making
- Pom Pom Spiders
- Pumpkin papercraft
- Spooky Cone creations
- Lots of different pumpkin quizzes and colouring (which can be used for the colouring competition entry)
👀 Animal Encounters
Keep an eye out for a variety of spooky enrichment.
11:00: Lemur talk (Lemur Walkthrough)
12:00: Otter talk (Otter Enclosure)
1:00: Daily videos on our Facebook page featuring our ‘Spooky Animals’ including our snakes, spiders, rats and other invertebrates!
2:00: Pig talk (Paddocks)
3:00: Meerkat talk (Rabbit House)
🤳 Tag us on social media
Our Visitor Centre will be decorated for Halloween and you will find a photo opportunity in there as well, make sure to tag us on socials using #rodbastonanimalzone!