Check out all of our Halloween Activities
🎃 Pick Your Own Pumpkin and Carving!
After you have picked your own pumpkin, you can then carve a spooktacular pumpkin which can be entered into our Pumpkin Carving Competition (a photo of the pumpkin will be taken for the competition so that you can take your pumpkin home with you! Book your place for pumpkin picking and carving here.
- Running daily from 11am-2.30pm.
- Located at our pumpkin stall inside of the Visitor Centre.
- Please be aware that there is an additional charge of £2.50 (which will include entry into the competition) to be paid on the day
- Photo entry which will be judged Monday 1st November 2021 and winner announced on our social media
- This event is for children only (ages 17 years and under)
- Terms and conditions
👻 Fancy dress competition
Taking place on Halloween only! The fancy dress competition will be judged on Sunday 31st October with the winner announced on our social media.
Terms and conditions
🎨 Colouring competition
Enter our colouring competition any day from Sat 23rd – Sun 31st Oct. You can collect a colouring sheet at the Animal Zone or download one below and drop into the Animal Zone to enter the competition. The entries will be judged on 1st November and the winner will be announced on our social media.
Colour in Trick or Treat Sweets
Colour in a Haunted House
Colour in a Witch’s Cat
Terms and Conditions
🕷️ Halloween trail
Take part in our Halloween trail and keep an eye out for all the bugs and spiders in enclosures. You can collect a trail sheet from the Visitor Centre and if you complete the sheet, you might receive a special prize!
🍎 Halloween themed craft activities
- Apple bobbing
- Sensory play – involving bugs, snakes, leaves
- Potion making
- Pom Pom Spiders
- Pumpkin papercraft
- Spooky Cone creations
- Lots of different pumpkin quizzes and colouring (which can be used for the colouring competition entry)
👀 Animal Encounters
Keep an eye out for a variety of spooky enrichment.
11:00: Lemur talk (Lemur Walkthrough)
12:00: Otter talk (Otter Enclosure)
1:00: Daily videos on our Facebook page featuring our ‘Spooky Animals’ including our snakes, spiders, rats and other invertebrates!
2:00: Pig talk (Paddocks)
3:00: Meerkat talk (Rabbit House)