The Workforce Development Team is the commercial training division of South Staffordshire College. We are dedicated to helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to get the best out of their employees, increase retention rates and improve the efficiency of the organisation. We achieve this through cost-effective, well-planned and delivered training programmes.
We work with over 500 companies, helping them to get the most out of their training budgets. We believe in sustaining valuable relationships with our clients and are delighted that much of our work comes from repeat business.
Our range of services along with our flexibility ideally places the College to meet your skills development needs. We pride ourselves on being able to meet the needs of the companies we work which often includes:
• Training Needs Analysis- a strategic evaluation of your current skills needs and potential gaps;
• Working with your management team to deliver a tailored training plan with agreed measurable outcomes and improvements;
• Advice on funded training opportunities - objective guidance through the government grants system;
• Work based training - on the job training leading to nationally recognised qualifications;
• Bespoke training - custom-made corporate learning and talent development;
• Short courses - a programme of industry recognised courses.
The College employs approximately 1000 staff, and is recognised for its on-going dedication to its team, securing the Cannock Chase Business Awards - People Development Award 2012. As part of our award winning team we have a dedicated commercial division of work based training specialists. The size of this team can be expanded to meet industry needs as and when required to ensure appropriate capacity to deliver our commitments.
Within Workforce Development we currently work with in excess of 1100 apprentices and 1000 work place learners undertaking employer based training, focusing on the following key areas:
• Health and Social Care
• Child Care
• Lean Manufacturing
• Business Improvement Techniques
• Team Leading and Management
• Business Administration
• Customer Service
• Motor Vehicle