Who is this course for?
Are you interested, or looking to work in the vehicle accident repair industry? If so, then this is the course for you. The course is delivered through units where learning is focused on practical tasks and supported theoretical sessions.
What will I do on the course?
The course offers a practical hands-on approach to motor vehicle paint and refinishing techniques covering a range of subjects to give of an understanding of how to carry out body repair and refinishing including;
In addition, you will learn skills that are required in any career choice, including health & safety, confidence building, social and practical skills, and English and Maths. We also offer English and Maths GCSE resits.
What qualifications do I need?
- 4 GCSEs Grade D or above, OR
- Level 1 qualification in a related subject
- Adequate standard of English and Maths
- Mature learners with other qualifications and/or experience are also welcomed
- You should have a strong interest in working with cars and demonstrate a commitment to succeed.
When does the course start?
Where is it held?
How long does the course last?
One year - full-time
What could I do after completing the course?
- IMI Diploma in Maintenance & Repair Level 3
- IMI Diploma in Accident Repair Paint Principles Level 3.
- Local independent garages
Are there any additional costs?
Learners will be required to purchase breathing masks for the course and portfolio. In addition there may be extracurricular trips which have an additional cost, but these are not compulsory for completion of the course. Prices and details will be discussed at interview. Bursary funds may be available to help with additional costs.