Engagement Apprentice – South Staffordshire College, Rodbaston Campus (16/10/2017)
Closing Date: Mon 16th October 2017Salary: £151.88 - £264.38Category: ApprenticeVacancy
Vacancy Description: The ‘Engagement Apprentice’ will be required to work effectively within a contact/call centre operation, handling calls, supporting learners as well as business and stakeholder engagement with flair. The successful applicant will also be required to support the wider strategic objectives of the Engagement Directorate including supporting growth in both learner numbers, and business engagement.
Specific Responsibilities -
- Taking inbound calls, identifying the best option to resolve the call in a positive, passionate and engaging way
- Making outgoing calls to targeted employers or potential learners interested in 16-18 provision, apprenticeships and work experience placements to increase this business activity
- Contacting learners that have applied to College to “keep them warm” prior to enrolment
- Chasing learner destinations after they have left the College and recording this on College digital systems.
- Managing general learner enquiries e.g. provision, eligibility and providing an exceptional level of customer service in this activity
- Provision of fees, bursary and transport advice
- Receiving and recording complaints and compliments where online or via communications systems
- Working to meet service level agreements and targets as set by the Engagement and Business Team Leader
- Following up on web enquiries – calling warm leads and following up on wider enquiries received
- Service recovery handling when our reputation is involved in relation to a customer experience when we haven’t got something right
- Providing first advice, support and guidance on the range of services and provision provided by the college and to resolve a majority of these without the need to refer to wider staff
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and evolving provision and services provided by the College in order to handle enquiries with confidence and flair
- Achieve agreed targets with the ability to manage pressure
- Undertake market research activities making calls to potential, existing or former customers
- Enter customer information into designated digital systems and update information where appropriate
- Process enquiries efficiently and to the highest standards
- Produce call log and call report information as required using agreed systems
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Vacancy Title: Engagement Apprentice
Employer: South Staffordshire College – Rodbaston Campus
Employer Description: South Staffordshire College is one of the largest colleges in the county with over 4,000 people participating in full-time or part-time courses, evening classes and apprenticeships.
With 4 campuses in Rodbaston, Tamworth and Lichfield we offer a wide range of courses to suit every learning style.
The Engagement Apprentice will be based working within our newly established Engagement Team, with the successful candidate immersing themselves in all aspects of customer service. The candidate will be required to ensure a positive and lasting impression, as the first point of contact for a variety of enquiries.
South Staffordshire College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
Working Week: Monday – Thursday – 9:00am – 5:00pm Friday – 9:00am – 4:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
- NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services
- Functional Skills in Maths, ICT, and English up to Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Vacancy Type: Intermediate Apprenticeship
Duration: 18 months
- Personal warmth, openness and sensitivity
- Highly motivated to personal and team achievement and able to work on own initiative
- Innovative and creative
- High level of resilience
- Passionate regarding customer service, with the willingness to learn and progress.
Qualifications: Ideally, candidates will hold GCSE grades A*-C (4-9) in Maths, English and ICT (or equivalent qualifications).
- Ability to use logic and information to achieve goals
- Effective use of business tools including technology
- Able to prioritise work to ensure achievement of targets
- Effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to turn around service failures
- A team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude is essential within this role
- Happy to work in a busy environment and must work well with change.
Future Prospects: South Staffordshire College will endeavour to offer a full time contract to the right candidate.
Things to Consider: Ideally, candidates will hold GCSE grades A*-C (4-9) in Maths, English and ICT (or equivalent qualifications).