- About Us
Vacancy Description: This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and qualifications working within an NHS Medical Practice which will incorporate working alongside the reception team in providing administrative support to the healthcare team.
Duties to include:
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Handle general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Transfer calls and take messages
- Action repeat prescription requests
- Maintain practice and patient confidentiality
- Liaise with external agencies
- Photocopying and faxing
- Sorting post
- Monitoring stock levels
- Filing and retrieving records
- Any additional duties as requested.
Vacancy Title: Apprentice Medical Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Employer: Alderwood Medical Practice
Employer Description: Alderwood Medical Practice provides healthcare to over 6000 patients.
The practice consists of 4 GPs, 3 Nurses, a Practice Manager and 8 administrative staff.
We aim to offer the best possible healthcare to all our patients in a safe, friendly environment. We understand that the role of reception and administrative staff is essential to the smooth running of the practice and plays an important part in building relationships with patients.
Working Week: Monday – Friday Working hours between 8:00am – 6:30pm (35 hours per hour).
Vacancy Type: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duration: 12-18 months
Qualifications: Ideally, candidates will hold GCSE grades A*-C (4-9) in Maths, English and ICT or an equivalent qualification.
Future Prospects: The opportunity to apply for suitable vacancies having gained the knowledge and experience of working both within an office environment of the general practice environment.
Things to Consider: We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team. Someone with the ability to maintain a friendly courteous attitude in sometimes demanding situations.
In addition, the successful candidate must understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.