Apprentice Landscaper – Marbail Gardens and Landscaping Design (27/03/2017)
Closing Date: Mon 27th March 2017Salary: £105.00
Vacancy Description: Seeking a young person to assist our landscaping team. No experience is necessary, but must be hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic.
Duties to Include –
- Hedge cutting
- General tidiness of the grounds
- General horticultural duties
Vacancy Title: Apprentice Gardener/Landscaper
Employer: Marbail Gardens and Landscaping Design
Employer Description: Lee Marklew holds 14 years of experience within the sector. Marbail Gardens has been trading for the past 2 years. The company offers services including: garden maintenance, landscape gardening and design, tree surgery, hedge trimming, fencing, turfing, driveways and many more.
Vacancy Location: 62 Hednesford Road, Brownhills, WS8 7LT.
Working Week: Monday – Friday (weekend work optional) – 30 hours per week.
- Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Vacancy Type: Intermediate Apprenticeship
Duration: 12 – 18 months
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will hold GCSE grades A*-C in both English and Maths or an equivalent qualification.
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the customer and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as well as ability to work on own initiative.
- Resilience – manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Land based qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
Things to Consider: This is a very manual role so a reasonable level of fitness will be required and you will be required to work outside in all weathers.
Future Prospects: Potentially become a landscaper within the business.